Front Milk Racing 19”x1.85 wheel benefit over stock:
1. Wider and stronger rim
2. You can put very knobby and wider tire which means more grip
3. You have more tire options than on stock – 19″x1.40 rim size is not desinged for wide off-road tires
4. Better for trail riding – wider tire is fatter so you can also go with lower pressure and it is more resistant for pinching
5. Wider tire is more flexible and you can have more traction on a hard surface like rocks etc. with lower pressure
6. Better hub than stock – super sealed with additional o-rings.
7. Better looking bike with fatter and wider wheel
Rear Milk Racing 16″x1.85 wheel benefit over stock:
1. Knobby and wide tire means more grip – best possible traction
2. More tire options than on stock 19″x1.4 rim
3. Better for trail riding – 16″ tire is fatter so you can also go with less pressure and is more resistant for pinching.
4. 16″ tire is more flexible and you can have more traction on a hard surface like rocks etc. with lower pressure.
5. Main wheel weight is closer to the rotation center which means less power to rotate the wheel – longer range than on 19″ or 18″ with similar tire.
6. More torque without sprocket change.
7. 16″ tire is thicker which gives more protection for the rim
8. Stronger and wider rim
9. Better looking bike with fatter and wider wheel
Milk Racing Wheels
Sold worldwide and test proven by thousands of customers on six continents – the best quality/price wheels on the market. Upgraded, reinforced rims stained with anodizing process give them more scratch and corrosion-resistant surface than standard paint. Super strong upgraded stainless steel spokes and double-size brass nipples (stronger and more corrosion resistant than aluminium type) lanced with 3-cross spoke pattern make Milk Racing wheels strong enough to withstand more than what Sur-Ron bike can stand. Our main goal is to give alternative wheel upgrade options for expensive competitors’ products and give the best product experience possible, providing as much hardware as possible to make it hassle-free as possible for you to focus on riding rather on figure how to put upgrade in.
Wheels always come with tools, spare spokes, spoke wrench, inner tube, rim band and rim lock – you only miss fitting a tire on. If you need 100% Plug&Play wheels, we offer tire fitting as a standard offer. Wheels come ready to ride straight from the box. A tubeless system can be fitted as well. As a direct producer, we provide customization such as colour combinations, dishing and others.
Milk Racing matte anodized rims
thicker, wider and more robust rim than OEM
more scratch resistant than standard paint
CNC machined from aluminium alloy
2x Sealed Bearing
double o-ring sealing (axle and spacer)
MTB rotor bolt pattern
OEM SurRon rear hub
2x Sealed Bearing
SurRon OEM brake disc bolt pattern
36x stainless steel 2.6mm/12G spokes
brass nickel-plated – stronger and more corrosion resistant than aluminium
5,5mm moto nipples Front (4,5mm tool size) 6,5mm moto nipples Rear (5,5mm tool size)
Added as standard. We believe that you should get the best upgrade possible for the best price with the little hassle as possible. Rim lock prevents spinning tire on the rim, so you don’t rip off the inner tube valve. You canride on lower pressure for extra grip and upgrade your power without worrying about the inner tube valve, which is a common issue after.
3-cross pattern – stronges possible
Fitment – Plug&Play option
We offer tire fitment, so the wheels come Plug&Play ready to ride straight from the box, saving you time and money (we might deflate the wheel for packing purposes).
If not specified, we use a universal standard tire generic brands known for their excellent price-quality ratio – verified, and tested by us and thousands of our clients worldwide.
The biggest issue with oversized tires for SurRon/Talaria is that they are hard to find and tell whether they will fit. So we select sizes, so you don’t have to worry whether they will fit your SurRon/Talaria.
Unfortunately, due to unforeseen supply chain issues, tire brands and models are subject to change to other corresponding tire brands and models without notice. Please contact us if you need specific information about the current tire situation.
ON-ROAD – only for dry&wet pavement/asphalt application. Not suitable for off-road and winter conditions.
OFF-ROAD – great for all enduro/country-cross/motocross applications. Not suitable for on-road – almost no grip and tear off easily.
TRIAL/DUAL – the best option if you ride both on and off-road. Long-lasting and have equal traction on all surfaces.
FRONT WHEEL tire size fitment
Upside-down/inverted type fork (DNM, Manitou Dorado etc.) is a key. We cannot advise on every fork brand&model as all of them are different, but here are a few tips:
- any of our 21″ tire will fit to any upside-down fork
- WIDE 19″, 18″, 16″ tire size will fit to upside-down fork but it might hit fork covers, so you would need to either trim tire, cut the covers, or take covers off
- REGULAR 19″, 18″, 16″ tire size will fit any fork, even not upside-down type (Fox 40, RST etc.)
- Any SUPERWIDE tire will fit only DNM front fork, but it might need to be trimmed or/and fork covers needs to be cut or take off.
- for KKE and FASTACE fork for 19″ 18″ 16″ you should go only with REGULAR size. Those forks are very narrow at botton of upper section, which may cause WIDE tire rub.
Please contact us you have any questions or doubts about fork fitment – we can advise you about tire width so you can decide yourself based on the very fork you have.
REAR WHEEL tire size fitment
- REGURAL, WIDE (any diameter) size – no wheel modyfication
- SUPERWIDE (any diameter) size – wheel modification is required, so the tire doesn’t interfere with the chain.
- Dishing/offsetting – we move the rim to the left on spokes (more info here)
- Trimming – we trim the tire knobs
We highly recommend Dishing option – no grip loss on one side of the tire.
No modyfication is required on the bike itself for REGURAL, WIDE tire size. For SUPERWIDE, depending on your chain lenght, you migh need to change kickstand bolt for shorter (we include the bolt in the package). Instalation details in MANUALS.
Tubeless system for off-road application
NUETECH Tubliss Gen. 2.0 – the best possible upgrade for the wheel. It allows you to run much lower tire pressures safely, and dropping the pressure increases the contact patch, instantly increasing traction and providing protection for the rim. The stiffer the tire’s sidewall, the lower pressure you can run – this creates a new level of traction and performance.
Tubeless system for on-road application
galvanized – more scrach resistant
Silver standard – brass nickel-plated
Black – brass black chromed
Gold – brass
Hub and rim colour
Matt Anodized scratch resistant colour for cohesive appearance and corrosion resistance (advanced chemical process)
Powder coated with any RAL colour – comming soon
Larger wheel needs more power to stop and brakes upgrade is highly recommended . Magura MDR-P 220mm Floating – the best and the strongest rotor avilible on the market. Adapted and pre-mounted with thread-locking fluid. Wheels comes with caliper spacers.
Wheel will be balanced using Electronic Dynamic Wheel Balancer and adhesive steel weights.
Lancing the wheel on special dual hub that gives you oportunty to use double disc braking system. You can still use single disc – we add free ABS cover for not used side if you plan to upgrade you braking system later.
100% Plug&Play compatibility with OEM for standard option. Please refer to custom options and tire fitment tabs details.
Every year of manufacture.
WHATS IN THE BOX
Milk Racing wheels set (rim, spokes, nypples, hub)
Spare spokes and nipples
Spoke wrench for spokes tightening
All necessary tools: wrench, allen keys, torx key for disc brake bolts (disc brake need to be swapped from OEM wheel) etc.
your existing OEM rear hub spacers
and (if not selected)sprocket, brake disks and tires
We always do our best to ship orders long before the deadline. After purchase, you will receive an e-mail with a link to track the order’s status and to check the “estimated shipping date”.
Please notice that the order starts proceeding only when we receive the payment.
Contact us before ordering for more detailed information about the current lead time if necessary.
If the custom option is selected, the lead time is time for “Usually ships in:” + time for proceed time for the longest option.
E.g. “Usually ships in:5-7days” + “TIRE FITMENT: 2 weeks proceed time” = 3 weeks proceed time.
If the product/custom option is in BACKORDER, it means that you can make an order, but the lead time is unknown yet (if the date is not specified), and we will postpone shipping until it’s back in stock. Contact us before order for more backorder details if necessary.
MULTIPLE DIFFERENT PRODUCTS ORDER
The shipping for multiple products will begin for the longest lead time product from the order. Please make separete orders if necessary.
MULTIPLE THE SAME PRODUCTS ORDER
Orders with multiple the same products may be delayed depending on the quantity ordered. Please contact us before big order for more precise leadtime if necessary.
The shipping method (priority or economy) does not affect leadtime(manufacturing time) of your order. We know that time is of the essence, so we make every effort to fulfill your order ASAP, regardless of whether the shipping is economy or priority.
There are no reviews yet.